Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jensen exposes false teachers falsehoods

Michael reflects on the use of "false teachers" in the New Testament and today.

"It is increasingly the case that this term is used to describe any Christian or putative Christian whose teaching differs from mine. [...] I am inclined to say that if I encounter a person who subscribes to the creeds in good faith and holds Scripture as finally authoritative for Christians (they don't have to have my doctrine of Scripture) and I see no evidence of corruption, lust and greed in their lives, then I am certainly cautious about applying the 'false teacher' label, even if I disagree strongly with what they teach."

2 comments:

michael jensen said...

Hey, he's good that guy!

Giraffe Pen said...

Byron, I also like that quotation from Michael's post. Not every Christian who's different from us is a false teacher or heretic!