Monday, February 19, 2007

In praise of... endings

All good things must come to to end.

It's a lie, of course. The Father's steadfast love endures forever; Jesus' blood never fails; the new age of the Spirit will never wear out.

But it is good that some things do come to an end, even where they were good. For me, I'm thankful that this morning was my final session of radiotherapy. After 33 days of treatment, it's great to have reached the end of this treatment cycle and get a chance to recover before having more scans in a month or two to see how it's all gone. For more details and some pictures, see here.
Series so far: I; II; III; IV; V; VI; VII; VIII; IX; X.

5 comments:

Oberon said...

......i love you.

One of Freedom said...

I will be praying those scans will be all clear! Bless you Byron.

Anonymous said...

Some things are only good when they have stopped - like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer :)

Seriously though, John praised the ending of evil and pain in Rev.21.

byron smith said...

Oberon - why thank you! Even if it was just an attempt to lure me to your site.

Thanks Frank.

Cyberpastor - yes, though my therapy is not quite the same as hitting myself on the head with a hammer. Hopefully, it has been doing some good...

Kyle said...

Peace, Byron. May God bless and heal.