Sunday, February 03, 2008

February points table

January was very slow month all round: fewer posts, fewer visitors, fewer points. Thus, the only bonus points awarded are ten to Meredith and five each to Mister Tim and One Salient Oversight. For those with a sharp eye, creative wit, solid Googling skills or lots of time, there are still around 632 points available.

February points table

42: Anthony
16: Matt Lemieux
5: Moffitt the Prophet
Five points for the first to correctly name the city. Eight for the first to correctly name the main building in the background. Twelve for the name of the ceremony taking place. No person to claim more than one set of points.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Building is the Admiralty extension a.k.a. "The Old Admiralty" off of the Horse Guard Parade.

Matthew Moffitt said...

In London.

byron smith said...

Matt twelve and matt five points.

Mister Tim said...

Didn't I win points in January as well? I can't really follow this whole points thing, but guessing games are fun.

byron smith said...

Oops, you're totally right. I missed it. I'll go and fix it now.

Anthony Douglas said...

Feeling moffitt breathing down my neck...is it the Trooping the Colour ceremony?

byron smith said...

No, though from the other guesses, you know you're in the right city.

byron smith said...

But from your knowledge of our travels, I thought you might have known we weren't there in June. :-)

Anthony Douglas said...

Yes, but I was taking a punt. I guess it's the more uninteresting Changing of Guards thing that you can see any old day...

byron smith said...

You might guess that, but you'd be wrong. And since this was your second guess on the same post on the same day, I'll penalise you two points. :-)

Anthony Douglas said...

Attempting to recoup my investment...the mounting of the guard ceremony, 11am-ish in the summer?

byron smith said...

I thought I'd already told you that we weren't there in summer? But otherwise close enough. Twelve points.

Anthony Douglas said...

Duh. You did, and I just wrote down the wrong thing.

Or else, I meant our summer. But then I got the time wrong.

I'll take the money and run...